I.) General Rules
- Be respectful at all times.
- Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
- Users must respect everyone else and all of their interests, fashions, and values. Just because you do not agree with someone does not give you permission to be rude and/or hurtful. In short, do not be rude or mean for any reason.
- No harassment. Harassment is defined as aggravating or goading someone for the purpose of making them upset.
- Keep things reasonably safe for work.
- Do not type in all capital letters for an extended amount of time.
- If you are annoying someone and they ask you to stop, then stop. This includes discussing topics that make others uncomfortable.
- Do not disclose others’ personal information, even with their consent.
- Do not disclose your own personal information in public channels. Direct messaging for these purposes is permitted.
II.) Slack Chat Rules
- The number one rule is respect, as always.
- No uploading not safe for work images to Slack Chat.
- No excessive profanity.
- There is to be zero profanity in the #lounge channel
- Profanity, so long as it is kept reasonable and tolerable to all present is permitted in #lobby channel.
- All potentially upsetting, lewd, or otherwise unfit for work content should be kept to the #wildwest channel.
- Do not abuse the edit message function in Slack Chat.
- Emoji creation guidelines
- No lewd emoji.
- All emoji must be kept safe for work.
- Emoji that are used in offensive ways will be removed.
- When creating emoji, be a good chap/chappess and do not leave white backgrounds.
III.) Concerning Debate
- The Swords of Light encourages healthy and civil debates over various topics. To help keep these debates on track, productive, and non-confrontational, there are several rules each user must adhere to at all times.
- No name-calling.
- No shaming opposing opinions. This mean no outrightly saying something is dumb/terrible/stupid. Be respectful above all else.
- There must be fair room for disagreement between all opinions. There is always fair game for an individual to say why they believe something is wrong, but not just call it wrong.
- Your opinions must be presented as opinions, not facts.
IV.) Rules on Account Usage
- One account per service per person. There’s no legitimate reason to have alternate accounts.
- No impersonation, at all. Do not pretend to be someone else, other than who you are, even for fun, even with their permission, even as a joke. Simply do not.
V.) Rule Violations
- Three warning immediately following a misdemeanor, per type of offense.
- Users will be temporarily banned if they repeat the same action after the third warning.
- A history of violations will result in a more lengthy punishment.
- In case of absolutely abhorrent actions, administrator(s) reserve the right to employ an immediate ban of a length to be determined by their discretion.
VI.) Miscellaneous Rules
- No loopholes; obey the spirit and the letter of the law.
- All rules are to be applied on a case by case basis.
- If any questions remain concerning the rules, or it is felt another rule ought be added, please contact an administrator.
Compiled by LL
Updated 15th April, 2016 by LL